Just another reminder to everyone about this:
April 23, the anniversary of The Impossible Astronaut and the appearance of the Silence, is fast approaching. As such, I would like to make you all aware of a little world-wide event going around. Well, event is overselling it…
Not the point, anyway, (hopefully) as many of you Doctor Who fans know, this year is the 50th anniversary of the show, and while the actual 50th anniversary date and event are far away, you can still show a little love for that whacky Time Lord by participating in the Silence Tally. That’s right, I’m talking about these guys.
-blinks- sorry.. what were we talking about? -glances at papers- Oh right! The tally!
For those of you who don’t know, the Silence is a-
-sigh- ..fine. Have it your way River..
Anyway, what’s the Silence Tally you ask? Well it’s quite simple.
All day long on April 23, Doctor Who fans all over the world are asked to go about their daily lives as usual, but with an ever increasing amount of tally marks covering their skin as they day goes on. You are not to make a big deal out of marking yourself, not to point them out to people (let them question it on their own, we don’t want to mess up the time line again now do we?), and, when/if asked about them:
1. Look confused, remember you “don’t remember” making them
2. Look at the marks in shock (bonus points to any who can pull off the slow dramatic horror-creeping-up-your-face-as-you-realize-what-these-are look)
3. Begin to speak (start to say anything that comes to mind about these creatures)
4. Stop suddenly and stare off into the distance as if one of the Silence has captured your attention. DO NOT BLINK! (I know that’s the rule for Angels, but I think we can apply it to this case too)
5. Wait for them to get your attention (If they do not, then blink or shift your eyes someplace else), then stop staring and greet the person as if you just now noticed them.
That’s pretty much it. Nothing special, just put tally marks on your arms/hands/ankles/legs/wrists/(faces if you can pull it off), act like you just saw one of the creatures, then go back to acting normal.
Alternatively you can ignore these and just do the marks, that’s also fine. Either way, the date is fast approaching for this world-wide event. Make any other fans you know of aware of the event if you want to (that’s why I’m spreading the word).
So prepare your poker-faces, grab your markers, and let’s make it happen.
I want to see Tumblr and DA blowing up with pictures and reports of this when it happens.
Hey to anyone out there! Send me some Larry Stylinson prompts (no smut, for gods sake I’m only 12) I’m having some trouble thinking of what to write for them, though there is probably going to be a Doctor Who one shot soon! Bye my lovelies! ;)
The Entertainer - Joplin (by Stephen Koo)
Learnt how to play a while ago but forgot and want to learn again. Its really fun, I reccomend!
That awesome moment when you find a song that is everything the doctor is.